Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Vintage finds

I think I must be terribly romantic. I love Jane Austen's weaving love stories from the 1700's. I could read Pride and Prejudice over and over, and probably never tire of reading about Elizabeth and Darcy.

As I was checking out at one of my favorite thrift stores there was a box filled with music CD's. There are no sleeve covering, so I guess that is why they were giving them away. When I looked through the box, it was mostly older tunes. I could take up to 10 CD's, so I picked out some that I thought I might be familiar with.

It was my intention to pop them into the CD player in the car and decide whether I would keep them or pass them on.

They sat on the kitchen counter, waiting patiently for me in a zippy bag, until one day I threw the bag into my purse and took them with me.

The first few CD's were not very appealing to me, so I would fast forward them, and then pop it out and plug another one into the player. That is until this one -

I just don't know what it was about this CD, but I was swooning. My Mom always liked the music from the theater and movies. So when these started, I was lost.

Climb Every Mountain, from the Sound of Music. Oh What a Beautiful Morning, from Oklahoma. Over the Rainbow, from Wizard of Oz. Sunrise, Sunset, from Fiddler on the Roof. The Impossible Dream, from Man of LaMancha. You'll Never Walk Alone........... I mean they just went on, and on.

It was such a pleasant ride, singing and swooning. I never did make it through the other 7 CD's!

Happy thriftin'.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

So happy for your lucky find.

Betty said...

As a fan of Broadway musicals, I can just imagine... great find.