Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Breakfast

Several years ago Susan's post on Between Naps on the Porch shared a Valentine's Breakfast. I took a double take as I noticed a few familiar things. So I thought I would try to recreate her beautiful Valentine's Breakfast.

My daughter has this beautiful antique bedspread, but it was not large enough for my bed. So I reversed the colors and used my beautiful Chaps bedspread and laid the antique one at the foot.



My Limoges china cup.

I found these gorgeous plates at Goodwill. I was sorry there were only three sets.

The Rose plates are Georgian by Homer Laughlin
The Pink square plate is Octaparagon by Ranmaru

The antique chairs were left in our new home by the former owners.

What a delightful way to enjoy a sweet Valentine's Breakfast.


17 comments:

Sandra said...

What a great job with the match. You really captured the same image. That must have been fun. Two minds do think alike. Both designs are very nice and make for a perfect Valentine's Day Breakfast.

Huckleberry stitches said...

Very pretty and romantic! And love the finds! Those chairs are beautiful!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a romantic setting! You've inpsired me to set a breakfast table in my bedroom! This is lovely!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love those dishes and I think I may have a couple plates. Very special breakfast for your hubby!
Happy Valentine's day.
warmly,
deb

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful, my dear! I just love the plate - so sweet and charming. Thanks for sharing at Roses of Inspiration! Hugs to you!

Ana Love Craft said...

So beautiful and romantic! I love the dishes they are perfect for a special breakfast. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Valentines too!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Scrappy quilter said...

That is simply delightful and romantic all at the same time. I love it!

Stephanie said...

Oh what a pretty Valentine's Day breakfast! I might have to do something like this for my sweet husband and me :)

Everything is so pretty, my dear. Thanks for sharing at Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful breakfast! Love that china...so pretty.

Martha said...

Lovely china -- so fitting for your room and your home! But anything roses is always pretty china! And I love the table and chairs in the bedroom -- perfect for a breakfast for two!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Your table is so elegant, charming, and inspiring. The romance of it all!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Such pretty dishes! And I can't believe the chairs that were left behind! Lucky you!!

Lady of the Manor said...

Such a lovely idea! Your setting is so elegant.

bj said...

ahhh, the romance of it all. :)
Very pretty...I don't remember Susan's setting but I like yours.
So, tell us....what's for breakfast at this pretty sitting.?

Linda said...

Very pretty and romantic!

Sylvia said...

Who wouldn't enjoy a breakfast at that lovely setting and those chairs are gorgeous!

Linda said...

Berry beautiful, indeed! I, too, would love to have this breakfast table. Happy Valentine's Day!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas