Thursday, February 5, 2015

Let's warm up a frigid day

I love living in the South. The balmy weather makes for very pleasant days almost year round. But about this time of year, someone always leaves the door open from the frigid North and we get bombarded with pretty cold weather.

So on days like today, I love to make a pot of Chili to serve up hot and filling. Add a little salad on the side and what a great meal to ward off the cold weather.



I love these beautiful dishes that I found at Goodwill a few years ago. I nearly left them because they only had Soup bowls and salad plates. I'm so glad I decided to bring them home.

Soup and Salad dishes - Mornay by Mikasa 
White Chargers - Westbury Court by PTS International
Soup Tureen - Nortake 
White plates with silver rim - Royalton China (my Mom was given a place setting every time we bought gas at the Shell station many years ago. Do you remember those days?)

3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Wow, I'm ready to come over and have dinner with you! Looks so good.
Pretty dishes!
warmly,
deb

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Dinner looks great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...love that tureen.