Friday, September 7, 2012

Heart Friend

Do you have a friend who sticks closer to you then a brother? I've had two such friends in my lifetime. One is with the Lord, and the other lives many states away. But yet when I think of the sweet friendships that we have shared, it warms my heart beyond measure.

"There's a blessing in our friendship,
It's a bond between we two.
For the Lord brought us together,
And I thank Him now for you.

You've been there when I needed you,
We've shared our dreams and plans.
And when at times I've fallen down,
You've given me your hand.

You are always such a Joy
Each time that we're together,
But more than that, you are my friend
And in my heart forever."

So today I am thankful for my heart friends. The ones who really care, and share part of their lives with me. Friends may come and friends may go, but your heart friend is with you forever.

"Kindness is a friend's greatest asset,
With it she can mend misunderstandings
and smooth out rumpled feelings.
With only a well placed word,
She can raise a downcast spirit."

Hug your friend today :-)

9 comments:

Allie said...

I love this post hon....heart friends are awesome!

Unknown said...

What a lovely share, Jocelyn. That is exactly how I feel of my heart friends ... you being one.

Have a lovely weekend ~

GIVEAWAY ends 9/9

TTFN ~ Marydon

Susie Jefferson said...

How lovely. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Pink Saturday!

NanaNor's said...

Hi, I love this too-I've been blessed with several heart friends. I have to say I love your bench on your front porch-I love your porch period. It's good I don't live too close or I'd be over sitting there a lot.
Have a great weekend.
Noreen

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a beautiful post! I love my heart friends, too! Thanks for sharing!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You have me in tears and I sure wish I could hug my MaryElla one more time!
deb

LV said...

A true friend is a blessing. I have several, but one since 1948. She does not live here, but we still talk every week. She is older and not in good health.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Thanks for the reminder, lovely post. Visiting from Pink Saturday.

PINK reminds is my entry.
Have a great weekend!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

your so right, I am on a girls weekend with one of my friends.