Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Mid-Autumn

I love this time of year. It's the time of year when I sit out on my porch, enjoying the breeze and savoring a cup of tea and a favorite book or magazine.


 Catching up on the latest quilting magazines.

 An easy and delicious dessert that is a staple for our table is Pineapple Cake. I think I've shared the recipe before, but I will add it to the end of this post.



Every day is a delight.
Pineapple Cake

In a large mixing bowl beat 2 eggs until light and fluffy. 
Add 20 oz  crushed (in juice) pineapple (undrained), 
2 cups all purpose flour, 
1 cup granulated sugar, 
1 cup brown sugar 
2 teaspoons baking soda.

Mix well by hand. Stir in 1 cup chopped nuts and spread in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2" baking pan. 
Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Cream Cheese Frosting
3 oz cream cheese (soft)
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together with beater, gradually adding 1 cup powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and spreadable.

No comments: