Monday, January 22, 2018

Antique dressers

When my father in law passed away three years ago, the family divided up the contents of the home he and my MIL lived in for 70+ years. Two items that we inherited was the furniture that belonged to my MIL's mother. Finally, after sitting in our garage (and airing out) for the last two years, we set up the dressers in the guest room.

Originally the little corner was a sitting area, so we moved the seating over by the French doors.

So happy to be able to use Granny's furniture. I know she and my MIL would be pleased.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I think furniture is all that much more special when inherited from family and comes with special memories. Those are some beautiful pieces.

barbara woods said...

we have one with a slab of marble on it and places for candles to sit would be there but some one took them off