Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Porch

Our porch is not large but I wanted to have a little place to escape to read, enjoy tea or lunch or just watch the birds as they come and go from the feeder.

My original thought was to find some pretty white wicker furniture. But when I found this set at Home Depot, I knew it would be perfect for our little nook.

A little note about these luncheon napkins. My step-mother gave these to me, along with a matching tablecloth. The tablecloth was used til it became thread bare and badly stained, but I never used the napkins. They were a wedding gift, so they are probably considered vintage by now ;-)

The Boopie glasses were a Goodwill find.

Since the weather has been so nice, you can find me out here with my book and cup of tea.

4 comments:

deb said...

Perfect!

LV said...

Good choice!You will enjoy his much better than the wicker.

Gentle Joy said...

What a beautifully inviting area to sit and enjoy company or read or just enjoy the outdoors. You set looks great and I agree it will be more enjoyable than wicker... though wicker also looks charming. :)

living from glory to glory said...

Happy Spring to you, dear friend May this week be filled with moments of His peace!
Love the new outdoor furniture you purchased and the table setting is perfect for the setting of outdoor sunshine and warm weather!
Always, Roxy