Monday, June 20, 2016

The Back Porch

Ever since I started reading Susan's blog Between Naps on the Porch, I've been in love with her back porch.

Our porch is not as large as Susan's but I wanted to have a little place to escape to read, enjoy tea or lunch or just watch the birds as they come and go from the feeder.

My original thought was to find some pretty white wicker furniture. But when I found this set a couple of years ago, I knew it would be perfect for our little nook.

A little note about these luncheon napkins. My step-mother gave these to me, along with a matching tablecloth. The tablecloth was used til it became thread bare and badly stained, but I never used the napkins. They were a wedding gift, so they are probably considered vintage by now ;-)

I've been picking up these Boopie glasses at the thrift stores.

Most mornings, you can find me sitting out here with my book and cup of green tea. You are always welcome to join me.

11 comments:

Bernideen said...

Looks like a place to get refreshed and cooled off! Lovely!

Margie said...

Very nice! I'd love to join you for a cup of tea on your porch.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You have a lovely porch, Jocelyn. I would love to join you there for some tea. I like your Boopie glasses. I've never heard the name before but I think I've seen them or at least something similar. Thanks for sharing and Happy Summer!

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

You've made your porch into a great place to sit and have some iced tea, snacks and conversation with friends! Well done! Blessings, Janet

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a sweet spot, would be out there every morning too. Yum, the tomato and mozarella looks so good. Looks like a wonderful place to spend the summer

Bernideen said...

Dear Jocelyn:
Thank you for sharing and linking this wonderful post. This looks like such a relaxing place all ready for refreshments! I love the soft colors.

Tarahlynn said...

What a lovely back porch, I am VERY jealous!!

Decor To Adore said...

Your porch is truly charming. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

Bernideen said...

Hello Jocelyn:
Just letting you know that this post was featured today on my blog!

Bernideen said...

Hello Jocelyn:
Just letting you know that this post was featured today on my blog! Congratulations!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a lovely place to sit each morning with your tea and book.