Thursday, July 31, 2014

How do you use Baskets?

There are a few things that I have a weakness towards. Hearts, tea cups, fabric, pretty dishes and baskets...... I love baskets. I have quite a few around our home. We use them to hold all sorts of things.

This basket belonged to my Mom. I can remember she would lay a napkin inside and serve bread in it when I was a little girl. It has a plastic type rim around the top. It is very fragile so I display it on a rack in my kitchen.





This is an old wire basket. It is such a fun looking basket.


I'm not really sure how old it is, but I have enjoyed the unusual shape.


I found this adorable shabby chic white basket at Target. 


Of course I had to fill it with sweet treats.

We have so many baskets that are filled with magazines, books, yarn, quilts, even soaps and lotions.



But I think my very favorite basket is not really a basket at all.

3 comments:

Quinn said...

I love baskets, too, and I should pay more attention to how I use them so I could enjoy them more! I tend to fill them with yarn and knitting projects, then forget all about them. After reading your post, I'm going to think about this!

janice15 said...

I love baskets as well.. I enjoy several in my home.. Lately I have picked up a few large picnic baskets that I really love.. Happy Thursday with love Janice

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I LOVE baskets also! I have a small collection of Longerberger as well as some vintage ones.
LOVE the blue taablewear in the last post. Very pretty.
warmly,
deb