Monday, September 9, 2013

Riveting.........

I looked at the clock.  It was 1:40 AM.  No, it couldn't be.........

I've been so captured by this story that I just could not put it down.  I turned out the light and left the rest of the book for the morning.







Have you ever been so caught up in a story that you felt like you were really there?  Well that is what award winning author Dan Walsh does for me.  I have read six of his novels and they are each captivating in their own way.  Many of his books are based on real events. Walsh is a masterful storyteller. He has the ability to draw you in, like you are the third party in the story.  I have always enjoyed authors who can do that.  The first book I read, The Reunion, was on my Kindle.  Then I read Remembering Christmas.  By then I was hooked.   


Yep, I'm already looking forward to his next book. They just keep getting better and better.

16 comments:

Quinn said...

It's such a wonderful treat to discover an author whose work transports the reader!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I love books that have the power to draw you into the story! And your blue is so pretty. Thanks for joining me for tea and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A pretty blue and white tea. I'll have to check out this author as I'm ready to order more books for my Kobo ereader.
Judith

Millie said...

I've always liked that china pattern...lovely!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a pretty tea with your blue and white china. Reading a good book and having tea brings such happy restful times!
Hugs..Nancy

Terri said...

Lol! yes, this has happened to me too : )
Your post is a great recommendation for the book.
The tea you have set out is lovely, and I am sure welcome during your riveting reading.
Hugs,
Terri

Unknown said...

I really appreciate this information. I love to read novels too and drinking a cup of tea with a china pattern.WOW! I am very impressed with the knowledge you are posting here.Buy Instagram Comments

Bernideen said...

Jocelyn:
Please come back and relink again - your photo didn't work so I deleted it! I love your post and book lovers will want to see it!

Ruthie Miller said...

I love a book you can't put down! Pretty blue tea...
Ruthie

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I love when books are recommended. You blue and white tea setting is perfect. Have a great day. Martha

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have certainly gotten caught up is a book...many, many times. Love those blue dishes!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Thank you for sharing this book and author, I will be looking into these books asap! I was wishing I had a lovely breakfast and book to enjoy as I looked at your darling tray, very inviting indeed!
Jenna

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love to read, so I know I'd love your book as much as your beautiful blue and white dishes. Have a nice weekend.
FABBY

Entertaining Women said...

I'll give the author a try. I can't count the times that I've read through the night. Cherry Kay

Sarah said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've added this author to my book list. Blue and white on a wicker tray - love it!

Kathy said...

Oh, yes I have! I haven't read any of his books - I'm in the 'Ladybug Farm' series now and will definitely look for this author - I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy