Thursday, February 9, 2012

Strawberries for my Valentine

Strawberry season has arrived in Florida! Plant City has THE most delicious strawberries, and right now they are plump and sweet. It's a perfect time to make a Strawberry Pie for my Valentine!

The original recipe called for "Wild" Strawberry jello, but it's no longer available. So here is my version.

Cast of characters includes -

Fresh Strawberries
Strawberry Jello (large package)
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups water

Combine cornstarch, sugar and water. Cook over medium high heat - stirring constantly until thick and bubbly. Stir in 3/4 package Strawberry Jello and remove from heat. Let cool.

In a deep precooked pie shell, layer washed and hulled strawberries. Pour Jello mixture over strawberries making sure all the strawberries are covered. Refrigerate.


Serve with a dollop of Whipped Cream

13 comments:

Unknown said...

DEEEElish! Loving that dessert and your"hospitality". Huggs, Sunny109

Unknown said...

Put on the teapot, Jocelyn ... you're going t have L O T S of company!!!

Have a fabulous eve ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Shannyn said...

AWW!!! I miss Florida. I recently moved back up north from Cape Coral; and I used to LOVE the Strawberry Festival in Plant City! And I also miss the waving TRex from Dinosaur World as we would drive by...laugh...enjoy your sweeeeet strawberries!

Melody said...

Oh yum. This looks delicious.

Allie said...

Now I'm REALLY hungry - oh yum!

Lorraine said...

Looks delicious!! So pretty for Valentine's Day! Happy Valentine Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Marti McClure said...

Your pie looks fantastic! Happy Valentines Day and Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Marie Arden said...

Yum it reminds me of the strawberry pie at Big Boy restaurants when I was a kid. I will have to make this. Happy Pinkatine day!

1CardCreator said...

Yum! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane (I am #16)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
I love this post. It is SO delicious. Love strawberry pie. We are having some wonderful temps here in the Phoenix desert, and I too have bought some beautiful strawberries in the store. Yummy.

What a wonderful idea for a Valentine treat. Thank you for sharing sweet friend.

Have a wonderful weekend sweetie. Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Anne said...

FABULOUS!
Just found your lovely blog...and am your newest follower!
Best,
Anne
www.alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com

The Tablescaper said...

Oh this looks de-lish!

Why don't you link your post to Seasonal Sundays?

- The Tablescaper

The Tablescaper said...

I'm so happy that you decided to join Seasonal Sundays. Hope you'll be here next week too!

- The Tablescaper