Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Party Cookies

About 30 years ago, a friend of mine gave me this recipe for some awesome cookies. She made hers using chocolate chips,but I have always substituted M&M's. My family loves them, and I can tell you right up front, they aren't good for you ;-)

Holiday Party Cookies -

Cast of Characters

1 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup sugar

Blend together, then add

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ (optional)
1 Tablespoon Flax seeds (optional)

Blend everything together and add 1 1/2 cups M&M's or Chocolate Chips

Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

Aren't they pretty :-) I do place the M&M's on the top. I hope you enjoy them.

1 comment:

MomWaldsPlace said...

These are great festive cookies that kids will love, without leaving a great huge mess when they eat them. Parents will love you!