Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on our blessings.  I am very grateful for so many things.  A loving husband, a good family, special friends.  But I am most grateful to God for the mercies He shows towards me every day.


So at Thanksgiving, it really isn't about the turkey and food.  It's about giving Thanks. To our Creator who has given all things for us to enjoy.



I started collecting the Friendly Village china several years ago.



 Each piece was purchased from our local department store at the end of Christmas sale.




 The day after Christmas, the department store would mark down all of their clearance 1/2 price.



Which had allowed me to collect quite a nice table setting.




Our little Pilgrim was carved by a friend many years ago.


I hope your table will be surrounded by friends and family.


Wishing you a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your table! I bought my Friendly Village dishes 45 years ago. I’ve treasured them ever since! Happy Thanksgiving!