Thursday, August 10, 2017

Chasing Secrets - A review


 Cold Case. So many TV shows feature cold cases that will be solved in a thirty or sixty minute show. A mystery where clues have dried up.

Chasing Secrets by Lynette Eason follows the life of Haley Callaghan, a Elite Guardian  bodyguard, who is suddenly thrust in the middle of her own cold case. Twenty five years prior, her whole family was killed in West Ireland. But as a child she only remembers the "Mam" who raised her. Her life takes a turn, as danger lurks in every corner. Detective Steven Rothwell becomes her protector, as Haley tries to figure out where this danger is coming from.

A mystery. One that digs into Haley's past as she dodges bullets and battles street kings. Who is after her?

I enjoyed reading Ms. Eason's latest novel. It was pretty fast paced and kept my interest. If anything, it seems the romance angle was too similar to some of her other books. But the plot kept me going, until the end, when the real bad guys are revealed. I would give this a 4 1/2 rating.

 I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

No comments: