Friday, May 22, 2015

The More the Merrier

Would you like to uncover a hidden movie gem?

The More the Merrier 
Since I discovered this overlooked Hollywood gem, I've watched it at least 4 or 5 times. It is a classic romantic comedy starring Jean Arthur and Joel McCrea. It was listed on the NY Times list of the best 1000 films ever made. The movie was remade in 1966 as Walk, Don't Run with Gary Grant, Samantha Egger and Jim Hutton. But as a big Jean Arthur fan, I loved her in the roll of Connie.



Ask at your library if they can acquire a copy for you. But if you like it as much as I did, you'll find a copy on Amazon. Then grab a bowl of popcorn, and enjoy an evening watching this fun and endearing classic.

1 comment:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I love old movies and haven't seen one. I used to get the Turner Classic Channel where they showed good old movies, but for some reason, I don't get that nay longer. Thanks for the tip, and I'll check it out!