Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tomato Basil Toast

I always like to find an easy recipe that will jazz up a meal.  Recently my grocery store was doing food demos and this was one of the samples I tasted.

And you know it's always fun to add your own twist to a recipe.  So here is my version.

Tomato Basil Toast


1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, finely chopped
finely sliced onions and mushrooms, sauteed
1/4 cup feta cheese
sliced black olives
8 slices frozen Texas Garlic toast

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Chop basil, tomatoes and artichokes. Place in bowl.   Stir in cheese and olives.   Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil.

Arrange garlic toast on baking sheet; bake 3-5 minutes on each side or until toasted and golden.

Spoon onions and mushrooms over toast, then add tomato mixture on top.  You can serve it this way, or stick it back in the hot oven for 2 - 3 minutes.




2 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

This sounds so good - printed the recipe and I am going to make it the next time I have a few friends over.
Thanks so much.
Mary

Sylvia said...

I am all about "easy" thanks.