Friday, July 15, 2011

Words to Live By





Every single morning when I get up, I have to decide what I am going to wear. Sometimes it is an easy decision, other times it is tough. There are days when I look in the mirror and sigh (hurmph). Do I look sharp or frumpy.

But each and every day, the garden is dressed with no cares. The seeds were planted, and they know what they will produce. We water and fertilize and wait for the beautiful show. Some of the fruit are beautiful, and some can be a little wonky. But they taste delicious just the same.

"Therefore, I tell you, don't be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
See the birds of the sky, that they don't sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you of much more value than they?
"Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment to his lifespan?
Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don't toil, neither do they spin,
yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these.
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, won't he much more clothe you, you of little faith?
"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?'

For the Gentiles seek after all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.

Therefore don't be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself." Matthew 6:25-34

8 comments:

A Few Pennies said...

Hey; thanks for stopping by my blog; your garden goodies look wonderful (I see no weeds--my flower beds need attention)--and I know what you mean about prices going up. One shop I used to visit frequently (resale/junk shop) has upped their prices--I quit going there now. Sooner or later they'll get the message I guess--Have a great weekend!

LivingSoAbundantly said...

This is an excellent post for anxiety and how to cling to Jesus, knowing that He takes care of us. ;)

Charlotte said...

Love this post. Liked the description of some of the fruit being a little wonky. Makes me think that even if I'm a little wonky I'm valuable anyway. LOL
Blessings,
Charlotte

Jeanne said...

Thank you for this lovely lesson in life about the most important thing to care about. We do fret about what we wear, eat, etc. when the one and only care we should have is our faith in God.

Your garden looks so good and I have never heard the word wonky. HA! I will be using that one.

I also enjoyed things that fly. Great photos.
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs, Jeanne

Val said...

This is so beautiful. Beautiful garden, beautiful message.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Love the analogy.....and your post....really encouraging.

Pamela said...

God WILL take care of us...what an encouraging message! And a good thought to begin my week.

In Him,
Pamela

Unknown said...

What can I say? other than just beautiful your share & message, Jocelyn.

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~
Marydon